Camptonville couple with marijuana arrested for child endangerment
November 22, 2013
Grass Valley Police officers at a local hotel on an unrelated matter ended up arresting a couple after reportedly finding a large amount of marijuana in their room.
The officers were at the hotel in the 1900 block of Sutton Way at about 10 p.m. Friday and were knocking on one room's door when a woman opened the door to an adjacent room, said Sgt. Joe Matteoni.
There were nearly 6 pounds of marijuana in the room, including on the floor, in bins and totes on the bed and in close proximity to a 3-year-old child who was also in the room, Matteoni said.
The child's toys had marijuana all over them, he said.
Mary Patricia Moore, 23, and Michael Gregory Pickel, 39, were arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, booked and released on $10,000 bail.
The child was turned over to Child Protective Services.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin