California College of Ayurveda celebrates its graduates
June 13, 2013
In keeping with its mission to train a new generation of highly trained Ayurvedic practitioners, California College of Ayurveda is celebrating the graduation of students completing their studies as Ayurvedic health practitioners and clinical Ayurvedic specialists. The college also is officially inaugurating its teaching herbal medicine garden.
The garden will be inaugurated at 10 a.m. today. The garden was established with the support of Organic India, an herb company, and with supplies donated or discounted by Hills Flat Lumber and Rare Earth Landscape. Speakers for the inauguration include Prashanti Dejager of Organic India, College President Dr. Marc Halpern and Brenda Igler, director of herbalism.
Following the inauguration, the college will hold a traditional graduation ceremony at the campus at 700 Zion St. in Nevada City.
The California College of Ayurveda was founded in 1995 by Halpern as the first college of ancient Indian medicine in America. For more information, visit http://www.ayurvedacollege.com/announcements/395 or call 530-478-9100.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire
- Lake Wildwood beaches still closed; no-swim advisory expanded