Calif. tour bus collision death toll rises to 8
February 6, 2013
LOMA LINDA — California authorities say the death toll from last weekend's tour bus collision has risen to eight with the death of the driver of a pickup truck struck by the bus.
A San Bernardino County coroner's official says 72-year-old Fred Bailey Richardson of San Bernardino died at 6:39 a.m. Wednesday at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Richardson was driving a landscaping service truck that was struck by the out-of-control bus Sunday night. The crash crushed the pickup.
The other seven fatalities were people who died at the scene.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)