Calif. tour bus collision death toll rises to 8
February 6, 2013
LOMA LINDA — California authorities say the death toll from last weekend's tour bus collision has risen to eight with the death of the driver of a pickup truck struck by the bus.
A San Bernardino County coroner's official says 72-year-old Fred Bailey Richardson of San Bernardino died at 6:39 a.m. Wednesday at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Richardson was driving a landscaping service truck that was struck by the out-of-control bus Sunday night. The crash crushed the pickup.
The other seven fatalities were people who died at the scene.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier