Calif. tour bus collision death toll rises to 8
February 6, 2013
LOMA LINDA — California authorities say the death toll from last weekend's tour bus collision has risen to eight with the death of the driver of a pickup truck struck by the bus.
A San Bernardino County coroner's official says 72-year-old Fred Bailey Richardson of San Bernardino died at 6:39 a.m. Wednesday at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Richardson was driving a landscaping service truck that was struck by the out-of-control bus Sunday night. The crash crushed the pickup.
The other seven fatalities were people who died at the scene.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin