Calif. tour bus collision death toll rises to 8
February 6, 2013
LOMA LINDA — California authorities say the death toll from last weekend's tour bus collision has risen to eight with the death of the driver of a pickup truck struck by the bus.
A San Bernardino County coroner's official says 72-year-old Fred Bailey Richardson of San Bernardino died at 6:39 a.m. Wednesday at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Richardson was driving a landscaping service truck that was struck by the out-of-control bus Sunday night. The crash crushed the pickup.
The other seven fatalities were people who died at the scene.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley woman, fiancée die in Cascade Fire
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site