Cal Fire units extinguish small vegetation fire
July 10, 2014
A small working vegetation fire one mile south of Edwards Crossing was quashed by local Cal Fire units and Nevada County Consolidated Fire Wednesday morning, along with engines from North San Juan Fire.
“Units are currently at the scene and some of the resources are being canceled,” Cal Fire Specialist John Hotchkiss said Wednesday. “It sounds like it was a working vegetation fire, but it doesn’t sound too large.”
Fire units were initially dispatched to the scene around 10:30 a.m., bringing an air tanker that dropped fire retardant onto the blaze. A spokesperson with the Grass Valley Emergency Command Center said the fire was less than an acre, and units are still there cleaning up debris.
Fire prevention officers and the fire battalion chief will conduct an investigation into the origin of the fire, but no clear cause has been released at this point.
To contact Staff Writer Ivan Natividad, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4236.
Trending In: Local News
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping