Cal Fire lifts restrictions on residential burning
November 19, 2012
Recent precipitation and cooler weather has allowed Cal Fire to transition to winter staffing levels in Nevada County. This has enabled Cal Fire to release seasonal firefighters, reduce staffing on fire engines and close some remote wildland fire stations.
As of Monday, residential burn permits will not be required in the State Responsibility Areas until weather conditions warrant, typically around May 1.
Cal Fire reminded residents that they must always maintain control of their burns at all times.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire