Cal Fire lifts restrictions on residential burning
November 19, 2012
Recent precipitation and cooler weather has allowed Cal Fire to transition to winter staffing levels in Nevada County. This has enabled Cal Fire to release seasonal firefighters, reduce staffing on fire engines and close some remote wildland fire stations.
As of Monday, residential burn permits will not be required in the State Responsibility Areas until weather conditions warrant, typically around May 1.
Cal Fire reminded residents that they must always maintain control of their burns at all times.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County