Burglars break into 3 Radio Shacks
November 22, 2013
Three separate Radio Shack locations — the two in Grass Valley and one in Auburn — were burglarized in rapid succession early Monday morning.
Grass Valley Police officers responded to the store on Sutton Way just after 3 a.m. in response to an alarm call and a witness report of two suspects fleeing the building, said Sgt. Joe Matteoni.
The burglars were reported to be two white men wearing rain jackets with the hoods pulled up and fled in a four-door dark gold Ford, possibly a Crown Victoria, according to dispatch reports.
The officers found the front door open and entered the business to find the storage door in a back room had been pried open. Numerous electronic items had been stolen, Matteoni said.
A half-hour later, officers were called to the Radio Shack on West McKnight Way in response to a burglar alarm going off.
They arrived to find the front doors pried open, as well as electronics and cash from the register missing, Matteoni said.
A be-on-the-lookout advisory was issued for the suspects' vehicle, and it was discovered that the Radio Shack in Auburn had been burglarized shortly thereafter.
The burglaries remain under investigation, Matteoni said.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County