Beason, RCRC headed to National Association of Counties conference
March 3, 2014
Beason to head National Association of Counties conference
Next week, the Rural County Representatives of California's (RCRC) officers, led by Nevada County Board of Supervisors' Chairman Nate Beason, will head to the National Association of Counties (NACo) Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C.
According to a weekly memorandum from county CEO Rick Haffey, RCRC officers will advocate before federal legislators and regulatory agencies on behalf of a variety of rural county issues, including Federal Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT), Secure Rural Schools (SRS), analysis of the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Federal Transportation Funding program (MAP-21) and public land management (finding solutions to barriers to increasing the pace and scale of forest management projects on federal lands).
The RCRC officers consist of Beason (chair), Sierra County Supervisor Lee Adams (first vice chair), Glenn County Supervisor John Viegas (second vice chair) and Mariposa County Supervisor Kevin Cann (immediate past chair).
For more information, contact Justin Caporusso at (916) 447-4806 or email@example.com.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana