Bear River student injured in motorcycle wreck
October 28, 2013
A 17-year-old Bear River High School student was seriously injured when he crashed his motorcycle Thursday afternoon.
The boy, whose identity had not been released as of press time, was riding the motorcycle on Magnolia Road near East Hacienda Drive at about 3 p.m. when he lost control, said California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone. He then crossed the road and into the path of an oncoming vehicle, Tassone said.
The teen reportedly sustained major head injuries and was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
"He was wearing a helmet," Tassone said. "If he hadn't been, this would have been a fatality."
The victim's condition was not immediately available.
Trending In: Local News
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say