Bear River senior receives scholarship
May 23, 2013
Nevada County Republican Women Federated (NCRWF) has awarded a $1,000 scholarship to Andrea Bock to help her pursue her career in nursing at Texas Christian University. Bock is a senior at Bear River High School. She has been a member of the California Scholarship Federation all four years, balancing her academics with athletics as a member of the swim team and captain of the water polo team.
Bock is also a flautist in her church choir and was a finalist in the Music in the Mountains competition. She has shown strong leadership skills throughout her high school years, encouraging and inspiring others to perform better in order to reach their goals.
She attended the NCRWF May meeting where members were able to hear more about Andrea's high school accomplishments and plans for the future.
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story