Banner Grange Swap Meet celebrates 50-year legacy
July 12, 2014
The Banner Grange Swap Meet is the longest-running event of its kind in Nevada County and will be celebrating its 50-year anniversary on Saturday with a special celebration featuring great food and live musicians.
Joining the 30-plus regular vendors, the inside and back sections of the Grange will be open to new vendors on a first-come, first-served basis. Spaces are available for crafters, antique dealers, specialty food items, plants of all kinds, and of course buried treasures from your garage.
The Swap Meet is planning to surprise and please its customers as the variety of vendors have expanded to cover almost anyone's tastes and interests — everything from antiques tools to designer jewelry.
The Banner Grange is dedicated to community service and funds from events like the Swap Meet will go towards commercializing their kitchen to provide a space for local farmers to convert their produce into items they can resell.
Plans are in the works for a winter season Farmers Market to provide food producers a year-round opportunity to sell their goods.
Call Diana at 530-555-5555 for vendor information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger