Backhoe accident snarls traffic in Penn Valley
June 13, 2013
A tipped-over backhoe caused an hour-long traffic backup in Penn Valley Tuesday morning.
A person was driving a dump truck that was pulling a 30-foot flatbed trailer with a front-loader backhoe at about 9 a.m. and was turning from Pleasant Valley Road onto Commercial Avenue when the accident occurred.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the driver took the turn a little too sharply and the tires on the trailer rode up on the curb, causing it to tip over.
The accident snarled traffic for about an hour, but the CHP was able to keep one lane of traffic open.
Celestial Valley Towing used two tow trucks to upright the backhoe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial