Backhoe accident snarls traffic in Penn Valley
June 13, 2013
A tipped-over backhoe caused an hour-long traffic backup in Penn Valley Tuesday morning.
A person was driving a dump truck that was pulling a 30-foot flatbed trailer with a front-loader backhoe at about 9 a.m. and was turning from Pleasant Valley Road onto Commercial Avenue when the accident occurred.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the driver took the turn a little too sharply and the tires on the trailer rode up on the curb, causing it to tip over.
The accident snarled traffic for about an hour, but the CHP was able to keep one lane of traffic open.
Celestial Valley Towing used two tow trucks to upright the backhoe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley woman, fiancé die in Cascade Fire
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site