Backhoe accident snarls traffic in Penn Valley
June 13, 2013
A tipped-over backhoe caused an hour-long traffic backup in Penn Valley Tuesday morning.
A person was driving a dump truck that was pulling a 30-foot flatbed trailer with a front-loader backhoe at about 9 a.m. and was turning from Pleasant Valley Road onto Commercial Avenue when the accident occurred.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the driver took the turn a little too sharply and the tires on the trailer rode up on the curb, causing it to tip over.
The accident snarled traffic for about an hour, but the CHP was able to keep one lane of traffic open.
Celestial Valley Towing used two tow trucks to upright the backhoe.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns