Auburn teen killed in motorcycle wreck
February 18, 2014
An Auburn teen was killed in a solo motorcycle accident in Loomis Thursday morning.
At 7:15 a.m., the California Highway Patrol responded to a collision on Taylor Road, east of Tumble Lane, in which a solo motorcyclist ran off the road and collided with a tree.
Joshua Lewis, 17, from Auburn, was riding his 1983 Yamaha motorcycle westbound on Taylor Road east of Tumble Lane when, for unknown reasons, he failed to negotiate the right hand curve.
Lewis traveled across the eastbound lane and onto the south side of the roadway, where his motorcycle struck a tree.
South Placer Fire was on scene and transported Lewis to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with major injuries, Lewis later succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.
Alcohol and/or drugs were not a factor in this collision.
Trending In: Local News
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection