Auburn fire near Hwy 49 contained (Video)
September 27, 2012
A two-acre vegetation fire in Auburn along Highway 49 has been contained, according to a spokesperson with the California Department of Fire and Forestry.
The fire began shortly before 1 p.m. in the area near Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital where Education Street and Richards Drive would intersect if they didn't dead end, said Cal Fire Spokesperson Tom Webb.
It was contained by 2:30 p.m., Webb said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. It did not damage any homes and no injuries were reported, said Webb.
Three entities responded to the fire: Cal Fire, Placer Consolidated Fire Protection District and the Auburn Fire Department.
— Chris Rosacker
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story