Auburn fire near Hwy 49 contained (Video)
September 27, 2012
A two-acre vegetation fire in Auburn along Highway 49 has been contained, according to a spokesperson with the California Department of Fire and Forestry.
The fire began shortly before 1 p.m. in the area near Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital where Education Street and Richards Drive would intersect if they didn’t dead end, said Cal Fire Spokesperson Tom Webb.
It was contained by 2:30 p.m., Webb said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. It did not damage any homes and no injuries were reported, said Webb.
Three entities responded to the fire: Cal Fire, Placer Consolidated Fire Protection District and the Auburn Fire Department.
— Chris Rosacker
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide