Apprentice Day: Class assignment benefits local organization
March 28, 2014
On March 14, Forest Lake Christian School hosted its 11th annual Apprentice Day.
The class project was organized with the goal of having the senior class compete in a limited group format to produce, market and sell a product.
The senior class, with the support of more than 30 businesses, raised about $4,600 for Livingwell Medical Clinic, a nonprofit located in Grass Valley.
A presentation was made March 19 to the employees of Livingwell.
The Forest Lake Christian senior project students sold lunch and various desserts to junior high through 11th-grade students, as well as to family and friends associated with the event.
Students were thankful that they could support Livingwell, said Lisa Zea, Forest Lake Christian High School principal.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley woman, fiancé die in Cascade Fire
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation