Another 8,000 votes to count
November 12, 2008
In Nevada County, Democrat Charlie Brown leads Republican Tom McClintock by 6,700 votes in a closely watched District 4 race for the U.S. Congress, according to the most recent counts by the Nevada County Elections Office.
District-wide Brown continues to trail McClintock who has a lead of nearly 1,100 votes, according to the secretary of state’s website.
Nevada County Elections staff have counted 47,391 and still have about 8,000 more ballots, including 1,300 provisional ballots to count.
Of those counted, six will be thrown out because more than one selection was made. An additional 1,721 were left blank, said elections assistant Beth Goodrich.
So far, Brown has garnered 26,182 Nevada County votes, giving him a 57 percent lead in the county over McClintock who has 19,482 votes.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation