American Legion to host Veterans Day ceremony Monday
November 8, 2013
The American Legion Frank Gallino Post 130 will host a Veterans Day observance at the Veterans Memorial Building in Grass Valley Monday.
Hosted by Vietnam veteran and Post 130 member Norm Dodson, Monday's ceremonies in the auditorium of the Veterans Building, 255 S. Auburn St., are slated to start at 9:45 a.m. with complimentary coffee and doughnuts served prior to the ceremonies, which include the Color Guard presenting our colors, short veterans' comments, guests speakers, brief messages and patriotic music. At 11 a.m., the Color Guard will fire rifle volleys followed by a bagpiper and then taps. The Boy Scouts of America 855 will sell a $5 dollar hamburger and hot-dog picnic lunch.
City and county government offices will be closed Monday in observance of Veterans Day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law