Alleged mushroom dealer arrested
September 17, 2013
A New Jersey man was arrested on drug charges after allegedly dealing mushrooms and marijuana in front of Grocery Outlet.
Grass Valley Police officers responded to the grocery store on Sutton Way at about 12:30 p.m. Monday to do an area check for reported drug sales, said Capt. Rex Marks.
A witness identified Oscar Alberto Rojas, 20, and another New Jersey man in an SUV as the suspects; both men initially denied any illegal activity, Marks said.
A search of Rojas' belongings reportedly uncovered 11.35 grams of marijuana packaged in baggies, as well as 17.35 grams of hallucinogenic mushrooms. Rojas also had a marijuana pipe and a number of rolled-up dollar bills, Marks aid.
He was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance, and possession for sale, and was being held in county jail in lieu of $35,000 bail. The other man was cited on suspicion of possessing marijuana.
Trending In: Local News
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance