Alleged drunken driver involved in rollover crash
August 23, 2013
An alleged drunken driver from Grass Valley rolled his vehicle into an embankment around 8 p.m. Thursday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Marshall Ford, 19, was driving a 1995 two-door Honda Civic eastbound on Alta Sierra Drive near Kingsbury Lane and lost control of his vehicle, overturning 30 feet into an embankment.
Derek Thomas, 19, also of Grass Valley, was in the front passenger's seat.
Both men sustained minor to moderate injuries with cuts and lacerations to the head, said CHP public information officer Greg Tassone. Both were transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Ford was booked for felony driving under the influence and held in lieu of $76,176.50 bail, said Nevada County Sheriff's Officer Sgt. Kinsgbury.
— Jennifer Terman
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin