Alleged drunken driver involved in rollover crash
August 23, 2013
An alleged drunken driver from Grass Valley rolled his vehicle into an embankment around 8 p.m. Thursday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Marshall Ford, 19, was driving a 1995 two-door Honda Civic eastbound on Alta Sierra Drive near Kingsbury Lane and lost control of his vehicle, overturning 30 feet into an embankment.
Derek Thomas, 19, also of Grass Valley, was in the front passenger's seat.
Both men sustained minor to moderate injuries with cuts and lacerations to the head, said CHP public information officer Greg Tassone. Both were transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Ford was booked for felony driving under the influence and held in lieu of $76,176.50 bail, said Nevada County Sheriff's Officer Sgt. Kinsgbury.
— Jennifer Terman
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County