Alleged attempt to steal beer from beer truck lands man in jail
June 18, 2013
A Rough and Ready man who allegedly tried to help himself to some beer from a beer truck at a gas station ended up in jail Monday morning.
Grass Valley Police officers were called to the gas station in the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway just before 9 a.m. after a caller reported a man stole beer from a distribution truck and was now fueling his vehicle.
When the officer arrived, the suspect told him, "I was trying to steal beer," and identified himself as Christopher Allen Arce, said Capt. Rex Marks.
"He was obviously under the influence, and the officer could smell a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and his person," Marks said.
According to witnesses, Arce attempted to take two 20-packs of Coors 12-ounce beers from the truck before being placed under citizen's arrest.
Arce "blew a .25 (blood alcohol content) at 9:22 a.m.," Marks said.
He was arrested on suspicion of petty theft, booked into Wayne Brown Correctional Facility and released on $750 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws