Aikido’Ka food bank drive a success
November 12, 2012
Aikido'Ka held its fifth We Can Drive-Through for the Food Bank on Oct. 20. The drive-through was a success, raising more than $2,300 and approximately 350 pounds of food.
"The continued success of drive-through is absolutely inspiring," said Frank Bloksberg, chief instructor of Aikido'Ka. "While the holidays and cold weather approach, the Food Bank struggles to keep up. Aikido'Ka is thrilled to help and make a difference."
Being involved in drive-through is an extraordinary experience, he said.
"People would ask us how long we'd be out collecting," Bloksberg said. "When we told them we were collecting all day, they would say they would come back. And they would — with bags of food for the hungry. This happened over and over throughout the day."
For more information about Aikido'Ka and We Can Drive-Through, call Bloksberg at (530) 273-2727. For photos, visit the Aikido'Ka community service website.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws