Aikido’Ka food bank drive a success
November 12, 2012
Aikido’Ka held its fifth We Can Drive-Through for the Food Bank on Oct. 20. The drive-through was a success, raising more than $2,300 and approximately 350 pounds of food.
“The continued success of drive-through is absolutely inspiring,” said Frank Bloksberg, chief instructor of Aikido’Ka. “While the holidays and cold weather approach, the Food Bank struggles to keep up. Aikido’Ka is thrilled to help and make a difference.”
Being involved in drive-through is an extraordinary experience, he said.
“People would ask us how long we’d be out collecting,” Bloksberg said. “When we told them we were collecting all day, they would say they would come back. And they would — with bags of food for the hungry. This happened over and over throughout the day.”
For more information about Aikido’Ka and We Can Drive-Through, call Bloksberg at (530) 273-2727. For photos, visit the Aikido’Ka community service website.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project