49er Rotary Duck Race takes over Deer Creek Sunday
September 8, 2013
Several thousand toy ducks will ride the rapids of Deer Creek on Sunday as the 49er Breakfast Rotary Club of Nevada City hosts the 22nd Annual Gold Country Duck Race.
Rotarians and other community groups are now distributing the final race entry tickets.
A $5 donation allows holders to compete for a $5,000 grand prize, $1,000 second prize and $500 third prize. Many other prizes also will be awarded.
The duck race will be held on Deer Creek at the foot of Broad Street, with activities centered in the ERA Cornerstone Realty parking lot.
Admission is free. Entry tickets will be available at the event.
The carnival, with food, drink and fun and games for kids, opens at 1 p.m. Duck racing begins at 2:30 p.m. and follows the conclusion of Nevada City's 47th Annual Constitution Day Parade. There are five elimination races followed at 5:30 p.m. by the Grand Prize Final.
The duck race is the 49er Rotary's largest annual fundraiser and benefits many youth and community groups.
Over the years, the 49er Rotary has raised more than $500,000 to benefit local and international service projects.
For details, see a 49er Rotarian or go to http://www.49erRotary.org.
Trending In: Local News
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier