4 days ‘til Nevada City parade for paralympian Evan Strong
March 28, 2014
On April 1, Nevada City will honor one of its own for bringing the gold back home, as paralympian gold-medalist snowboarder Evan Strong will be celebrated with a hero’s homecoming parade. Strong, along with his family and supporters, will be welcomed home with a parade down Broad Street at 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 1. Pre-event festivities will start at 5:30 p.m.
Following the parade, the party will head to the Miners Foundry, 325 Spring St. in Nevada City, where the celebration will continue with live music, food and drink, along with autograph and photo opportunities with Strong and his gold medal. Donated items, including snowboards and other athletic gear, will be raffled to benefit Nevada County’s FREED Center for Independent Living (http://www.freed.org) and Adaptive Action Sports (http://adacs.org), based in Summit County, Colo.
Visit http://www.nevadacitychamber.com for more information.
Trending In: Local News
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping