4 arrested after early morning scuffle at Nevada County Fairgrounds
August 13, 2014
4 arrested after fight at fairgrounds
Three youths and one man were arrested early Saturday after a six-person fight just outside the livestock area at Nevada County Fairgrounds.
Ryan Tino Delavega, 21, of Nevada City, was taken into custody by Nevada County Sheriff's deputies on suspicion of disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
The other three arrested were juveniles, said Nevada County Sheriff's Cpl. Brandon Corchero.
"There were no weapons involved," Corchero said, discounting earlier reports of a possible stabbing. "No one pressed any criminal charges against the others."
Corchero said deputies reported a group of six males fighting at about 3 a.m. He had no word on what caused the fight or what the group members were doing there at that hour.
— Keri Brenner
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws