3 people arrested in connection with stolen vehicle
November 28, 2012
Three people were arrested early Monday morning after a Nevada County Sheriff's deputy ran the plate of a suspicious vehicle and it came back as stolen.
The deputy was coming down Loma Rica Drive at about 6:30 a.m. and noticed a Ford pickup truck and a Toyota 4-Runner parked next to each other, said Undersheriff Joe Salivar. There was a man sitting in the driver's side of the Toyota and a second man pouring gas into its tank, Salivar said.
The deputy ran the Toyota's license plate, and it came back as having been stolen from outside the county, Salivar said.
After the deputy turned around to make contact, the two men had moved to the pickup, which also contained a woman, Salivar said.
"They couldn't get their stories straight," he said. "They were giving three different reasons as to why they were there."
Lara Kristen Darbo, 43, and Edward George Carlson, 36, both of Auburn, were booked on suspicion of vehicle theft and criminal conspiracy and were being held in lieu of $10,000 bail.
Salivar said the second man, whom he identified as Robert Hardie, would be charged with criminal conspiracy; he had not been booked as of press time.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed