2010: A Disastrous Year
December 30, 2010
Natural disasters killed more than a quarter million people in 2010, the deadliest year in more than a generation. Haiti was especially hit hard from a January earthquake that left more than 230,000 believed dead and a cholera epidemic that followed, killing thousands months later.
An interactive that profiles notable disasters of the past year is shown here.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County