200 American flags to fly over the foothills in Grass Valley
November 12, 2012
Two hundred flags will be displayed on Veteran's Day, Sunday, in downtown Grass Valley as part of Flags Over the Foothills, a fundraiser for the Grass Valley Schools Foundation For Arts & Science.
The foundation puts up the flags on Memorial Day, Flag Day, Fourth of July and Veteran's Day.
The public can sponsor the flags for as little as $40 for all four holidays. The foundation has raised and donated thousands of dollars to the Grass Valley Schools, nearly all for science and art programs that our teachers use to make learning fun, interesting and memorable.
To learn more about the Grass Valley Schools Foundation or to sponsor a flag, visit http://www.gvschoolsfoundation.org.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger