2 pedestrians hit by vehicle in Grass Valley
January 8, 2017
Police: Pedestrians hit by vehicle
An 8-year-old boy and his 45-year-old mother were taken to the hospital over the weekend after being struck by a vehicle, Grass Valley police said.
The wreck happened around 12:20 p.m. Saturday near East Main Street and Presley Way, Sgt. Clint Bates said.
Officers responded to reports of a crash involving a vehicle and pedestrians. They found the vehicle's driver, as well as two injured pedestrians, after arriving, the sergeant said.
First-responders treated the pedestrians at the scene. They were then taken to UC Davis Medical Center for treatment, Bates added.
"Their status at this time is still unknown," the sergeant said Sunday afternoon.
"We're still trying to determine the fault of the accident — who's at fault," he added.
No one has been charged in connection with the crash.
— Alan Riquelmy
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story