2 pedestrians hit by vehicle in Grass Valley
January 8, 2017
Police: Pedestrians hit by vehicle
An 8-year-old boy and his 45-year-old mother were taken to the hospital over the weekend after being struck by a vehicle, Grass Valley police said.
The wreck happened around 12:20 p.m. Saturday near East Main Street and Presley Way, Sgt. Clint Bates said.
Officers responded to reports of a crash involving a vehicle and pedestrians. They found the vehicle’s driver, as well as two injured pedestrians, after arriving, the sergeant said.
First-responders treated the pedestrians at the scene. They were then taken to UC Davis Medical Center for treatment, Bates added.
“Their status at this time is still unknown,” the sergeant said Sunday afternoon.
“We’re still trying to determine the fault of the accident — who’s at fault,” he added.
No one has been charged in connection with the crash.
— Alan Riquelmy
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local News
- Home invasions hit rural Nevada County
- Nevada County fatality: Two killed at Highway 49, La Barr Meadows Road (VIDEO)
- Huge sinkhole opens behind Liberty Motors in Grass Valley (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Home invasions and gunfights across Nevada County
- End of an era: Influential Nevada City engineer Tom Holdrege retires