2 injured in Hwy 49 crash
July 20, 2013
A two-vehicle collision Thursday afternoon sent two people to the hospital, one via helicopter.
According to the California Highway Patrol website, a caller reported a vehicle hanging off the side of the South Yuba bridge on Highway 49 just before 3 p.m.
The accident, between two sedans, was closer to Independence Trail than the bridge with one vehicle partially off the side of the road.
According to CHP Officer Justin Barnthouse, the driver of that vehicle was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
A 4-year-old child who was a passenger in the vehicle was complaining of abdominal pain and was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
No further information was available as of press time.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project