2 injured in Hwy 49 crash
July 20, 2013
A two-vehicle collision Thursday afternoon sent two people to the hospital, one via helicopter.
According to the California Highway Patrol website, a caller reported a vehicle hanging off the side of the South Yuba bridge on Highway 49 just before 3 p.m.
The accident, between two sedans, was closer to Independence Trail than the bridge with one vehicle partially off the side of the road.
According to CHP Officer Justin Barnthouse, the driver of that vehicle was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
A 4-year-old child who was a passenger in the vehicle was complaining of abdominal pain and was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
No further information was available as of press time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law