2 arrested on drug charges
April 18, 2013
A man and woman were arrested Thursday morning on a variety of drug charges after Nevada County Sheriff's Narcotics Task Force members served a search warrant at a residence in the 11000 block of Crescent Drive in Nevada City.
Detectives located three people in the home, two of which were listed specifically in the warrant, according to a press release.
Detectives found Jacob Shimnoski, 22, and Megan Taylor, 28, sleeping in a bedroom.
Subsequent to the search, detectives allegedly found 4.3 grams of methamphetamine, varying quantities of methadone and hydromorphone as well as methamphetamine smoking pipes and numerous hypodermic syringes in the bedroom.
Shimnoski and Taylor were both arrested and booked in the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of a narcotic controlled substance, being under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $12,000 each.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law