2 arrested on drug charges
April 18, 2013
A man and woman were arrested Thursday morning on a variety of drug charges after Nevada County Sheriff's Narcotics Task Force members served a search warrant at a residence in the 11000 block of Crescent Drive in Nevada City.
Detectives located three people in the home, two of which were listed specifically in the warrant, according to a press release.
Detectives found Jacob Shimnoski, 22, and Megan Taylor, 28, sleeping in a bedroom.
Subsequent to the search, detectives allegedly found 4.3 grams of methamphetamine, varying quantities of methadone and hydromorphone as well as methamphetamine smoking pipes and numerous hypodermic syringes in the bedroom.
Shimnoski and Taylor were both arrested and booked in the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of a narcotic controlled substance, being under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $12,000 each.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, e-mail email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger