1 injured in 3-car crash Sunday on Hwy. 49 south of Combie Road
July 22, 2014
One person was injured Sunday in a three-car head-on crash on Highway 49 at Streeter Road, about a quarter-mile south of Combie Road, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The 8:44 a.m. accident occurred when the cars were trying to avoid a dog running in the street, according to the CHP central website.
Cars involved included a white Suburban, a blue Volkswagen Golf and a third car for which a description was not available.
In addition to the CHP, engines Cal Fire responded to the scene. Nevada County central fire command dispatch said one person was transported to the hospital; the others received minor injuries.
Greg Tassone, CHP public information officer for Nevada County, could not be reached for comment on Sunday.
To contact Staff Writer Keri Brenner, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide