Joy and Madness, an eight-piece funk and soul band formerly known as The Nibblers, will bring its funky sounds to Cooper’s Aleworks at 9 p.m. Saturday. Performing a blend of obscure soul b-sides and funky new originals, the band has recently rejoined its original lead singer, Hans Eberbach, and made Cooper’s its jumping-off point to full release. The Sacramento-based group will bring the funk Saturday at 235 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For information about the band, go to http://joyandmadness.com.
- Memorial Day tours connect community to fallen soldiers
- Blue Star Mothers honor Marines with dedication of Gold Star Memorial Bridge
- Nevada County Marine’s life and service remembered by his family
- Iwo Jima veteran knows some stories too tough to share
- Police chase ends with stolen car crashed, 2 arrested