Joy and Madness, an eight-piece funk and soul band formerly known as The Nibblers, will bring its funky sounds to Cooper’s Aleworks at 9 p.m. Saturday. Performing a blend of obscure soul b-sides and funky new originals, the band has recently rejoined its original lead singer, Hans Eberbach, and made Cooper’s its jumping-off point to full release. The Sacramento-based group will bring the funk Saturday at 235 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For information about the band, go to http://joyandmadness.com.
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- History of talent and innovation in Nevada County: Grass Valley video industry
- Road rage fight in Yuba County leaves one dead
- SPD Market: It’s all about the customer
- Ackerman: The whole point to ‘the daily miracle’ is to ‘give a damn’