Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Featured3
- Grass Valley man cleared after drug raid arrest
- Nevada County growers must go through permitting process for their indoor grow
- Several remain hospitalized after multi-vehicle wreck Saturday on Highway 49
- Nevada County man dies in La Barr Meadows Road crash
- Know the signs: Recognize stroke and save brain function