Road building, road closure on Nevada City Council agenda
September 11, 2013
The road ahead will be mapped today for elected officials in Nevada City, who are scheduled to review the town's next six months of street improvements, as well as a proposal to extend a downtown street closure for a monthly art event through December.
First Fridays Art Walk has closed off York and Commercial streets in downtown Nevada City since its April inception, allowing attendees to view art and listen to music outdoors.
Before those talks, though, City Engineer Bill Falconi is scheduled to give a presentation on the next half-year of street improvements funded by the Nevada City sales tax Measure S, the federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement and the state Cosumnes American Bear and Yuba Rivers Portal.
The public portion of Wednesday's meeting of the Nevada City Council is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. and an agenda for its proceedings is available at nevadacityca.gov.
To contact Staff Writer Christopher Rosacker, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4236.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Elections
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death