New sample ballots after error noticed
October 15, 2012
On the afternoon of Oct. 10, it was brought to the attention of Nevada County’s election office that there is an error in the Sample Ballot Pamphlet for the Nov. 6 General Election.
This error applies only to those Sample Ballot Booklets that have the number 29-26 on the back cover in the upper left corner. The majority of voters affected are in the 95949 and the 95602 zip codes.
The front side of the sample ballot image was inadvertently left out, and the backside of the ballot appears twice.
Those voters affected will receive the new Sample Ballot by Oct. 16.
Please keep the Sample Ballot Pamphlet already received as it contains information regarding candidates and measures.
The new mailing will only contain the corrected image of the Sample Ballot. This was the printer’s error; therefore there will be no cost to Nevada County.
If you would like to see the image of the corrected Sample Ballot 29-26 please visit the Nevada County Registrar of Voters website at http://www.mynevadacounty.com/nc/elections.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Gail Smith, Nevada County Assistant Clerk-Recorder at 530-470-2740.
Trending In: Elections
- A look at California’s 17 statewide ballot measures
- Marijuana: Visitors to Colorado say it’s difficult to find places to smoke, but not impossible
- Nevada County Election: School board candidate profiles
- Recreational, medical marijuana on ballot in nine states
- Homeless curbing camping ordinance vote tonight