Nevada County shuffles employees at new year
January 23, 2013
Nevada County is expected to make changes to its employee roster, adding two-thirds of a full-time equivalent employee to bring the full roster to nearly 772 employees.
The public institution — which has a $181 million budget and spends about 43 percent of that paying its staff — will hire one half of a full-time equivalent at the library.
The Nevada County Board of Supervisors will be asked to approve the staff alterations at today's regular meeting, slated to start at 9 a.m. at the Rood Center.
The Nevada County Sheriff's Office has added a dispatch position but also subtracted a correctional officer with the intention of hiring another to ensure safety at the Nevada County Jail, according to county supporting documents.
A recent review and reorganization of the Risk Management program within the County Executive Office has supported the exchange of the personnel technician position with an administrative analyst position, the document states.
This higher-level classification permits the position to perform analyses and statistical projections that are mission critical to the functioning of the Risk Management program.
Information and General Services has increased its office assistant position incrementally to allow support with office duties.
On Tuesday, the county will recognize 144 staff members with Employee Service awards.
The awards are given to employees who have logged service in multiples of five (five, 10, 15, etc.) years.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Elections
- Dan Miller announces bid for re-election to Nevada County Board of Supervisors
- U.S. Rep. Doug LaMalfa calls for unity after shooting
- Nevada City homeless warming shelter moves to Grass Valley
- Nevada County Election: School board candidate profiles
- Nevada County Supervisor Heidi Hall to speak at first Tuesday forum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws