Nevada County Sheriff endorses Newell for DA
April 5, 2014
Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal has joined local law enforcement officials to support the re-election campaign for District Attorney Cliff Newell.
“Cliff Newell has done a great job communicating with law enforcement partners, which has resulted in a greater number of cases going to trial,” Royal said in a press release.
“Cliff cares deeply about our community, and is working hard for the public’s safety,” Royal added.
Newell also has been endorsed by retired Nevada City Police Chief Lou Trovato, and retired Truckee Police Chief Scott Berry.
Newell has spent his entire legal career in law enforcement. During the time Newell has served as district attorney, Nevada County’s crime rate has steadily decreased, the press release said.
For more information, visit http://www.cliffnewell.com.
Trending In: Elections
- ‘Not my president:’ Protesters line both sides of Broad Street to protest Trump election
- Incumbents struggle in Nevada County school board races
- Not about Trump: Rally organizers push unity over divisiveness
- Women Mobilize in Nevada County Following the March
- Yuba Lit to focus on values threatened under Trump
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers