Nevada County Sheriff endorses Newell for DA
April 5, 2014
Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal has joined local law enforcement officials to support the re-election campaign for District Attorney Cliff Newell.
"Cliff Newell has done a great job communicating with law enforcement partners, which has resulted in a greater number of cases going to trial," Royal said in a press release.
"Cliff cares deeply about our community, and is working hard for the public's safety," Royal added.
Newell also has been endorsed by retired Nevada City Police Chief Lou Trovato, and retired Truckee Police Chief Scott Berry.
Newell has spent his entire legal career in law enforcement. During the time Newell has served as district attorney, Nevada County's crime rate has steadily decreased, the press release said.
For more information, visit http://www.cliffnewell.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Elections
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial