Nevada County Republicans announce candidate endorsements
May 6, 2014
The Nevada County Republican Party has endorsed the following candidates in the June 3, 2014 election.
For Nevada County Board of Supervisors District 3, Dan Miller; Board of Supervisors District 4, Hank Weston. For Sheriff, Keith Royal and for District Attorney, Cliff Newell.
For Assessor, Sue Horne; Auditor-Controller, Marcia Salter; Treasurer-Tax Collector, Tina Vernon, and for Superintendent of Schools, Paul Haas.
Nevada County Republican Party has endorsed two candidates for the one Superior Court Judge seat — Anna Ferguson and Jeff Ingram.
On the state and federal level, the local group endorsed for Governor, Tim Donnelly; for Lt. Governor Ron Nehring and George Yang; for Secretary of State, Pete Peterson; for Insurance Commissioner, Ted Gaines; for State Treasurer, Greg Conlon; for State Controller, Ashley Swearengin; for Superintendent of Public Instruction, Lydia Gutierrez; for Board of Equalization, George Runner, and for State Assembly District 1, Brian Dahle.
For U.S. House of Representatives District 1, they endorsed Doug LaMalfa; for U.S. House of Representatives District 4, Tom McClintock.
Trending In: Elections
- Measure B $47 million school bond passage looks losing razor-thin race
- Women Mobilize in Nevada County Following the March
- Nevada County District Attorney defends two-term record against challenger
- No repeal for ‘Obamacare’ — a humiliating defeat for Trump
- State of Jefferson initiative fails to qualify for ballot in Nevada County
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance