Election and party platform debate tonight at Sierra College
October 11, 2012
Presidential election and party platform debate tonight
Grass Valley's Sierra College campus will host a presidential election and party platform debate today moderated by the Nevada County League of Women Voters.
The community is welcome and encouraged to attend this free event.
The debate will feature a discussion of the presidential election and current party issues with the Nevada County representatives of the Republican, Democratic and Libertarian parties.
The representatives will discuss party platform, reply to questions from the audience and respond to one another in a collaborative effort to inform the public.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. There is a $3 parking fee on campus. Parking permits can be purchased at the kiosk machine at the campus entrance. For information, call (530) 274-5301.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: Elections
- Women Mobilize in Nevada County Following the March
- KVMR to broadcast LaMalfa’s Oroville town hall meeting
- Nevada County District Attorney defends two-term record against challenger
- No repeal for ‘Obamacare’ — a humiliating defeat for Trump
- State of Jefferson initiative fails to qualify for ballot in Nevada County
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo