County denies appeal for Penn Valley couple over cell tower
November 13, 2012
Peter Lockyer and Juliet Erickson were not able to reach a compromise with the county over their opposition to a cellular tower construction.
At its Nov. 13 regular meeting, the Nevada County Board of Supervisors is expected to deny a second appeal by the Penn Valley couple.
On Oct. 23, the couple participated in a public hearing where they appealed two items — the construction of a cellular tower on a property adjacent to theirs and the denial of construction plans for an office/garage on their property.
The board of supervisors denied their appeal of the tower's construction, paving the way for it to be built but attempted to compromise with the couple regarding the construction of their office/garage.
At the end of the public hearing, the supervisors made a motion of intent to deny the appeal, which was deferred 30 days to allow for a compromise to be reached.
On Oct. 29, Allan Haley, an attorney who represents the couple, notified the county that his clients were not interested in negotiating "any solutions so long as the proposed cell tower is planned for the adjacent (Nevada Irrigation District) property."
In light of the letter, county staff is recommending denial of the appeal, disallowing the couple to construct their office and garage as currently planned, according to supporting documents.
The couple have repeatedly protested the county's treatment of them throughout the case.
At the same meeting, supervisors will discuss a capital facilities master plan for county buildings, will present the current financial state of the county and are expected to adopt a comprehensive energy plan.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call (530) 477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Elections
- Dan Miller announces bid for re-election to Nevada County Board of Supervisors
- U.S. Rep. Doug LaMalfa calls for unity after shooting
- Nevada City OKs homeless-regulating camping ordinance
- Nevada County Election: School board candidate profiles
- Nevada County Supervisor Heidi Hall to speak at first Tuesday forum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial