County denies appeal for Penn Valley couple over cell tower
November 13, 2012
Peter Lockyer and Juliet Erickson were not able to reach a compromise with the county over their opposition to a cellular tower construction.
At its Nov. 13 regular meeting, the Nevada County Board of Supervisors is expected to deny a second appeal by the Penn Valley couple.
On Oct. 23, the couple participated in a public hearing where they appealed two items — the construction of a cellular tower on a property adjacent to theirs and the denial of construction plans for an office/garage on their property.
The board of supervisors denied their appeal of the tower's construction, paving the way for it to be built but attempted to compromise with the couple regarding the construction of their office/garage.
At the end of the public hearing, the supervisors made a motion of intent to deny the appeal, which was deferred 30 days to allow for a compromise to be reached.
On Oct. 29, Allan Haley, an attorney who represents the couple, notified the county that his clients were not interested in negotiating "any solutions so long as the proposed cell tower is planned for the adjacent (Nevada Irrigation District) property."
In light of the letter, county staff is recommending denial of the appeal, disallowing the couple to construct their office and garage as currently planned, according to supporting documents.
The couple have repeatedly protested the county's treatment of them throughout the case.
At the same meeting, supervisors will discuss a capital facilities master plan for county buildings, will present the current financial state of the county and are expected to adopt a comprehensive energy plan.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call (530) 477-4239.
Trending In: Elections
- Valerie Moberg becomes second candidate to vie for a seat on Nevada City Council
- KVMR to broadcast LaMalfa’s Oroville town hall meeting
- Logue to Congress: Don’t take jobs away from California military bases
- Penn Valley attorney final entry in Nevada County judge race
- Rough and Ready chamber sponsors candidate forum
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball