Two arrested in connection with stolen vehicle
August 5, 2014
Two Oroville men were in custody after being arrested in connection with a reportedly stolen vehicle Monday night.
The local California Highway Patrol office was contacted at about 11:15 p.m., after an online tracking service reported the vehicle, a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt, was in the area, said CHP spokesman Greg Tassone.
The stolen vehicle reportedly initially was on Highway 49 hearing north into Grass Valley, and patrol vehicles were alerted to be on the lookout.
The vehicle then reportedly was tracked onto Highway 20, and a patrol officer in Penn Valley eventually made a traffic stop on the car — which had been reported stolen from Butte County — at Rough and Ready Highway and Highway 20.
Brian Keith Gibson, 45, and Terry Bernard Johnson, 50, were arrested on suspicion of vehicle theft and possession of stolen property, and were being held in lieu of $10,000 bail.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports neighbor draining water on her property, which will cause ‘real problems on Monday when the storm hits’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Peeping Tom and a pinkie swear
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada County Police Blotter: People licking their lips, hurting children
- Pathologist: Grass Valley murder victim shot nine times in face