Two arrested at illegal campsite
August 15, 2014
Nevada City Police officers arrested a man and a woman on a number of charges after being found at a campsite behind Juvenile Hall.
Antoinette Lee Brantley and Patrick Gary Carter were found at the illegal campsite Wednesday, said Nevada City Police Officer Scott Goin.
The officer who located the two knew both had outstanding warrants, and took them into custody, Goin said.
A search of Carter, 28, reportedly uncovered about two grams of methamphetamine in his pocket.
He was booked into county jail on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and the warrants, and was being held without bail.
Brantley, 29, was arrested on five outstanding misdemeanor warrants and was being held without bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller concerned about speed limits
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Vape pen cause fire in pants
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Friend’ takes motorhome back to Grass Valley