Two arrested at illegal campsite
August 15, 2014
Nevada City Police officers arrested a man and a woman on a number of charges after being found at a campsite behind Juvenile Hall.
Antoinette Lee Brantley and Patrick Gary Carter were found at the illegal campsite Wednesday, said Nevada City Police Officer Scott Goin.
The officer who located the two knew both had outstanding warrants, and took them into custody, Goin said.
A search of Carter, 28, reportedly uncovered about two grams of methamphetamine in his pocket.
He was booked into county jail on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and the warrants, and was being held without bail.
Brantley, 29, was arrested on five outstanding misdemeanor warrants and was being held without bail.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man answers door naked, stating claim to be there
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Narcotics detectives arrest 11 in Grass Valley
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person on bench found to be napping
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum