Suspected flasher arrested
August 4, 2014
A Colfax man was arrested Friday in connection with a string of indecent exposure reports in Grass Valley.
"Over the past couple of weeks, we have had numerous reports of a man exposing himself to women," said Grass Valley Police Lt. Steve Johnson.
The incidents have been at random times and in different locations, Johnson said.
"The man is always in a pickup truck and he pulls up in a parking lot or up to the sidewalk and asks the woman for directions," he said.
When the women approached the vehicle, the man, who is unclothed from the waist down, would "display himself," Johnson said.
Grass Valley detectives — with assistance from the Nevada City Police Department — were able to piece together enough information from interviewing the victims to identify the suspect as Michael Stanley, 44.
An arrest warrant was obtained and Stanley was taken into custody Friday afternoon at his place of employment.
Stanley was arrested on suspicion of six counts of indecent exposure and one count of annoying or molesting a child, because one of his victims was 15 years old, Johnson said. He reportedly is being held in county jail in lieu of $70,000 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Crime
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball