Probation search leads to two arrests
April 11, 2014
Members of the Nevada County Sheriff's Narcotics Task Force conducted a probation search Wednesday of a man on post-release community supervision and ended up arresting him and another man on a number of charges.
Narcotics detectives went to the residence of Joseph Theodore Jeffries, 20, in the 11000 block of Flying T Road and ended up making a traffic stop on Jeffries, who was with another man identified as David Jon Barney, 48.
The vehicle was searched and deputies reportedly found approximately one ounce of methamphetamine in the vehicle.
Barney and Jeffries both were arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance, possession and transportation for sale and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Jeffries also had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant.
Jeffries was being held in lieu of $40,000 bail, and Barney was being held on $36,000 bail.
According to Det. Mark Hollitz, a search warrant was subsequently obtained for Barney's residence on Long Valley Road, where another 1-1/2 grams of meth was found along with a stolen Smith & Wesson semiautomatic handgun.
Barney is facing additional charges of possessing a controlled substance and possessing a stolen firearm, Hollitz said.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man gets lost on way to bed after power goes out
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports neighbor draining water on her property, which will cause ‘real problems on Monday when the storm hits’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: $5,000 dog lost, then found