NSJ man arrested in connection with shooting
August 9, 2014
A 75-year-old North San Juan man is in county jail after reportedly shooting another man in the leg with an air rifle Friday.
Glynn Elbert Grissom had been squatting on the property in the 29000 block of Highway 49, said Nevada County Sheriff's Sgt. Mike Sullivan.
Grissom had lived on the property "years ago" but had been removed, Sullivan said. He apparently returned several months ago and had been told on several occasions by the property owner to leave, according to Sullivan.
The property owner reportedly found Grissom on the property Friday and after telling him again to leave, a verbal argument ensued. He left and returned later to find Grissom in his vehicle, parked on the side of the road.
The man again told Grissom to leave and another argument began, Sullivan said.
Grissom reportedly then went to his vehicle and retrieved a high-powered sport air rifle, firing one round at the property owner and hitting him in the leg.
The victim then began fighting with Grissom in an attempt to wrestle the gun away, and several witnesses were able to help him, Sullivan said.
The victim was treated and released at the scene.
Grissom was booked into county jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and was being held in lieu of $25,000 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man gets lost on way to bed after power goes out
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports neighbor draining water on her property, which will cause ‘real problems on Monday when the storm hits’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: $5,000 dog lost, then found