NSJ man arrested in connection with shooting
August 9, 2014
A 75-year-old North San Juan man is in county jail after reportedly shooting another man in the leg with an air rifle Friday.
Glynn Elbert Grissom had been squatting on the property in the 29000 block of Highway 49, said Nevada County Sheriff's Sgt. Mike Sullivan.
Grissom had lived on the property "years ago" but had been removed, Sullivan said. He apparently returned several months ago and had been told on several occasions by the property owner to leave, according to Sullivan.
The property owner reportedly found Grissom on the property Friday and after telling him again to leave, a verbal argument ensued. He left and returned later to find Grissom in his vehicle, parked on the side of the road.
The man again told Grissom to leave and another argument began, Sullivan said.
Grissom reportedly then went to his vehicle and retrieved a high-powered sport air rifle, firing one round at the property owner and hitting him in the leg.
The victim then began fighting with Grissom in an attempt to wrestle the gun away, and several witnesses were able to help him, Sullivan said.
The victim was treated and released at the scene.
Grissom was booked into county jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and was being held in lieu of $25,000 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Chicken booked in Nevada City
- Grass Valley police: Burglary suspect broke window, then chased another man down the street
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller complains of harassment from former manure buyer
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations