Nevada County Police Blotter: Roadside pit stop
May 14, 2017
GRASS VALLEY POLICE DEPARTMENT
8:04 a.m. – A caller at Mill Street and Chapel Street reported an abandoned house with squatters.
10:49 a.m. – A caller reporting from a hospital in Sacramento reported his house in the 600 block of Whiting Street is a crime scene for a rape. Caller said he called his house and the answering machine did not pick up. Caller requested a search of his house.
2:27 p.m. – A caller in the 500 block of Idaho Maryland Road reported a burglary.
3:03 p.m. – A caller in the 200 block of Sutton Way requested a welfare check of her 17-year-old daughter, who ran off into the woods. The caller did not want to file a missing persons report but was concerned because she heard a crazy guy yelling from the woods Saturday morning.
Recommended Stories For You
7:40 p.m. – A caller in the 100 block of Stewart Street reported the theft of a gold four-door car. Suspect was a white male, mid-50s, white hair and blue eyes.
5:06 a.m. – A caller in the 600 block reported someone loitering in front of the business. After police advised the individual about camping in city limits, the suspect returned and locked himself in the bathroom.
NEVADA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
10:27 a.m. – A caller in the 17000 block of Champion Road reported receiving numerous calls from someone trying to extort her, threatening to burn down her house if she doesn't pay.
11:55 a.m. – A caller in the 20000 block of California Street reported a male subject had threatened her with a knife and kicked her dog. Suspect walked to fire station in the 20000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reporting she'd been assaulted.
2:56 p.m. – A caller in the 10000 block of Bennett Road reported seeing a man beating up a woman. When the caller got to the bottom of the hill he heard a gunshot. The woman was later seen at the hospital and reportedly had broken ribs.
7:39 p.m. – A caller in the 17000 block of Penn Valley Drive reported 5-6 juveniles attempting to break into the building at the rear of the cemetery.
10:42 a.m. – A caller at Town Talk Road and Brunswick Road reported a female partially dressed lying down in the road blocking traffic.
1:22 p.m. – A subject at Penn Valley Drive and Highway 20 told police he stopped to urinate on the side of the road. After being told not to urinate on the side of the road, the subject left the area to find a more suitable place to urinate.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Motionless man on roof
- Nevada County authorities: Burglary suspect caught wearing stolen clothes
- Jail inmate dies of suspected heroin overdose
- John Richard Green sentenced to over 200 years on molestation charges in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Flies, flies everywhere
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Conner Milkey accused in 2016 death of Nevada County Jail inmate
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Chasing shadows: Nevada County man gearing up for his fifteenth eclipse