Nevada City man in jail after reported domestic dispute
June 17, 2014
A Nevada City man ended up in jail after reportedly slapping and shoving his girlfriend, kicking in her door and slashing her tires Thursday morning.
Nevada County Sheriff's deputies responded to a residence in the 17000 block of Sky Oaks Lane, off Greenhorn Road, at just after 2:45 a.m., after the woman reported the man was drunk and upset and pushing people, according to dispatch reports.
The woman told deputies she had gone out with David John Pierce to a Grass Valley bar, but after they left on foot, he became upset and punched out the window of a vehicle, said Sheriff's Capt. Jeff Pettitt.
She subsequently drove off without him and returned home alone, Pettitt said. Pierce reportedly arrived at the residence a short time later and they began arguing.
"He slapped her in the face," Pettitt said, adding that the two began pushing and shoving each other as she tried to get him out of the residence.
Pierce reportedly then pushed her to the floor before walking outside, at which point she locked him out. He kicked the door open and then walked back outside to slash her vehicle tires, Pettitt said.
Deputies reportedly found him walking down the street and took him into custody. Pierce, 26, was booked into jail on suspicion of spousal abuse, vandalism, forcible entry and second-degree burglary. He was being held in lieu of $35,750 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports neighbor draining water on her property, which will cause ‘real problems on Monday when the storm hits’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man gets lost on way to bed after power goes out
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Peeping Tom and a pinkie swear