Nevada City man arrested on suspicion of forcible oral copulation
June 17, 2014
Arrest made in connection with sex assault
A Nevada City man was arrested after reportedly forcing a woman into a sexual encounter and then fleeing from police Saturday.
Officers on patrol on Broad Street a little after 1:30 a.m. saw suspicious activity in an alleyway in the 300 block, said Sgt. Paul Rohde. As they tried to contact the parties, a man "took off running and jumped off a 10-foot retaining wall" down to Spring Street, Rohde said.
A woman who remained at the scene reportedly told officers they had interrupted a forcible sexual encounter; she did not know the man.
On an area check, officers found the man, identified as Nicholas William Reyes, 21, hiding in bushes behind a restaurant, Rohde said.
Reyes was arrested on suspicion of forcible oral copulation and violating probation and is being held without bail. He was on probation for a 2012 conviction for assault with a deadly weapon, which had been reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor on a plea agreement.
— Liz Kellar
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man gets lost on way to bed after power goes out
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports neighbor draining water on her property, which will cause ‘real problems on Monday when the storm hits’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: $5,000 dog lost, then found