Nevada City man accused of having sex with minor makes bond
July 13, 2017
A Nevada City man facing child sex charges was arrested this week and is now free on bond, authorities said.
Michael Hari Das Kawa, 38, is charged with sex with a minor, oral copulation and sexual penetration with a foreign object. Arrested Wednesday, he's since made his $10,000 bond, Nevada County Jail reports state.
Kawa is accused of committing the acts at a home about a year ago. A family friend told authorities about the allegations, which led this week to Kawa's arrest, Sheriff Keith Royal said.
— Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- No progress reported in former Nevada County resident’s murder investigation
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Carjacking suspect James Jerold Zinola-Young pleads no contest
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man seeks bus ticket to Seattle
- No suspects identified in Camptonville shooting
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City