Nevada City man accused of having sex with minor makes bond
July 13, 2017
A Nevada City man facing child sex charges was arrested this week and is now free on bond, authorities said.
Michael Hari Das Kawa, 38, is charged with sex with a minor, oral copulation and sexual penetration with a foreign object. Arrested Wednesday, he's since made his $10,000 bond, Nevada County Jail reports state.
Kawa is accused of committing the acts at a home about a year ago. A family friend told authorities about the allegations, which led this week to Kawa's arrest, Sheriff Keith Royal said.
— Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hoops players refuse to leave
- Nevada County Police Blotter: ‘Blood’ on woman’s face and arms turns out to be paint
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man agitated after confrontation over stolen water
- Auburn Police arrest attempted kidnap suspect