Narcotics officers arrest nine after two searches
August 5, 2014
Members of the Nevada County Sheriff's Narcotics Task Force arrested nine people after conducting two separate searches Tuesday.
Deputies went to a residence in the 600 block of Woodland Way to serve a search warrant on Gannon McCaffree, but did not locate him, said task force spokesman Mark Hollitz.
"We found a .25-caliber pistol with the serial number removed in his bedroom," Hollitz said, adding that McCaffree would face charges for possessing the weapon.
At the residence, narcotics detectives reportedly also located components for a honey oil lab, 15 marijuana plants and several grams of hallucinogenic mushrooms.
Ryan Elias McCaffree, 35, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and manufacturing a controlled substance, and was being held in county jail in lieu of $35,000 bail. Charles Donald Hill, 56, was arrested on an outstanding warrant, Hollitz said.
Task force members then conducted a probation search at the residence of Michelle Meyer, in the 10000 block of Quail Creek Road.
Meyer was arrested several weeks ago on suspicion of possessing heroin, Hollitz said, and was out on bail with search terms.
Detectives reportedly located 22 grams of methamphetamine at the residence. Michelle Meyer and her husband, Eric Meyer, were arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance, according to Hollitz.
Five other people at the residence also were arrested. Sarah Kennard, 24, Logan Goade, 22, Robert Nelson, 58,, and Erica Meyer, 22, were booked on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Jacob Meyer, whose age was not available at press time, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man curious about how long pepper spray burns
- Nevada County Police Blotter: 40 text messages cause for concern
- Nevada County authorities arrest 2 on weapons charges
- Affidavit: Nevada County homicide victim Kenneth Pestana found with deep neck lacerations
- Nevada state authorities say homicide suspect has a criminal past
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck